Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Snow

See the photos of Tom Rudkin here
Falling down like leaves of gold
Nestling on the earth below
It’s peaceful here out in the cold
Silent in thanksgiving snow…

And now a cov’ring for my heart
Settles softly from above
Shalom the silent snow imparts
It flutters gently as a dove.

Peace comes like Thanksgiving snow
To grateful souls it is enough
To humble hearts that truly know
The covering of perfect love.

To settle on the satisfied
It covers them in white
And brings thanksgiving that abides
Like sacred silent light.

Like snowfall gathering in drifts
Like manna as it falls
I’ll make an off’ring of the gifts
For hope shall deck my halls.

This path I follow in the snow
Will help me find the way.
Praise God from whom all blessings flow
This blessed Thanksgiving Day…

Anthony Foster
Thanksgiving morning 2009

No comments: