Friday, December 13, 2019

Righteous Sun



The silent night was unlike any other- alone with damned distress
Darkness was oppressive in its fervor-and in that silent night there was no rest.
With only futile thoughts to guide me-all forsaken, fearful, and forlorn
My soul laid bare, no cover there to hide me- face to face with every cause to mourn.

But in that silent night there came a rising
When I cried out what does this weeping mean?
A mercy so severe broke my horizons
When the righteous sun arose with healing wings…

Bridge-
Stars were like the glistening water-Moon was all aglow
Faith was firing up its altar-All its glorious light to show
Something new was born afresh-Where nothing was before
Covering this spiritual flesh-And kindling my core
And oer my sin my lamentation sings-oer my sin my lamentation sings
Oer my sin my lamentation sings-oer my sin my lamentation sings


For in that silent night there came a rising
Against Abba alone are all my sins!
Then mercy so severe broke my horizon
When the righteous sun arose with healing wings

A still small voice became a shout-Trickles became a flood
What came within emerged without-And holy wounds cried blood.
A leaven that was black as coal Washed from eyes that were blind
And cleansing that still fires my soul Then purged my heart and mind

For in that silent night there came a rising
The gifts of real repentance oer me sing
A mercy so severe broke my horizon
When the righteous sun arose with healing wings

December 13, 2019
Anthony Foster

No comments: