Saturday, June 18, 2022

Tremble


Oh look to me oh Lord as I pray

As I reckon with the truth that I have heard

Teach me to walk  the broken way

Lord I will tremble at your word...


Devastate my heart, and make me wise  

Till I am humble and contrite

A broken spirit you will not despise

Lord in my prayers I pray you will delight


I am so very far from your ideal

I am one unholy, broken mess

But as your presence you reveal

I find myself undone by holiness!

 

Lord I would listen as you call

I would answer quickly as you speak

I would worship You as all in all

A living sacrifice is what you seek


Make me upright as I stand in awe

Make me humble as my heart is stirred

I am weak but near to you I’ll draw

Lord I will tremble at your word


“This is the one to whom I will look: he who is humble and contrite in spirit and trembles at my word.” “The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise.” 

(Isaiah 66:2; Psalm 51:17)


June 18, 2022

Anthony Foster

No comments: