Saturday, October 28, 2023

Disciple Song


I have come to learn the secret of the ages

By life’s mysteries I am no longer bound

Now my treasure is not found in earthly wages

For the better part in the mundane things is found

There the treasure of God’s presence will abound

Until with the crown of glory I am crowned.


I have come to know the poverty of spirit

That releases me to soar to endless heights

That the flame of love won’t burn as I draw near it

If I become one who is shining with its light

As I dwell within the power of God’s might

And I rest there until faith will become sight


I have come to understand that in my weakness

That my true sufficiency is in God’s grace 

As He teaches me the raging power of meekness

I inherit all He has stored in that heavenly place

Till I come to stand before Him face to face.

I will run with endurance this holy race…


I have come to trust in truth and how to reckon

All the righteousness of God’s reality

And I hear the shepherds calling voice now beckon

Me to live and move and truly come to Be

All my hopes are in the unseen things I see

As to Christ my Father is conforming me…


October 28, 2023

Anthony Foster


No comments: