Friday, December 8, 2023

Turn My Heart, Oh Lord

Turn my heart oh Lord like the river’s flowing stream

For it’s by your will it takes its course

If you turn the heart of every sage and  king

You can turn my heart back to its source

I have run through valleys that were not my own

I have followed streambeds of my lesser yearnings

But your grace still flows  o’er the places where I’ve roamed 

And I know now that it draws me to returning


If the hearts of the rulers of earth are yet in your hand

And you turn them wheresover You will

You can cut a canyon in the most barren land

Make my river roar till the valleys fill

If my sins are fully covered by your blood

Then your kindness will cause me to return

To Your living water’s  overflowing flood

Take me then to places that I’ve spurned


Whithersoever you will, Whithersoever you will

Turn me Whithersoever you will, Whithersoever you will


Lord I pray the path cut by my journey’s flow

Makes me feed the pastures that are green

But if dark ravines will cause your grace to show

Make me flow there as a reviving stream

Hold me within the embankments of your will

Bring  the tributaries of other brothers’ streams

Let us flow together until our hearts beat still

Into the crystal lake of our hopes and dreams


Turn my heart oh Lord and by your Spirit fill

And turn my river into a raging torrent

Make me plunge into the waters of Your will

Till my spirit’s caught up in Your Spirit’s current

Then my soul shall rest within the rivers flow

And in your ark of hope I will abide

I will go without knowing but one thing I will know

Of my destination when I have died


Whithersoever you will, Whithersoever you will

Turn me Whithersoever you will, Whithersoever you will


Proverbs 21:1; Romans 2:4; Psalm 119:36; Rev 4:6; Prov 4:23

December 8, 2023

Anthony Foster

No comments: