Friday, January 6, 2012

Abba

This was previously found on this blog last year, but is appropriate here, I think...

Now I know Abba’s tender arms
An embrace for a fatherless child
A nurturing place where I’m kept from harm
With my father I’m reconciled
Beloved children reconciled.

Crying out Abba Father
At the cross we lay our pain
You turn our loss into gain
We cry out for the souls of men
Crying out for your presence again

We need Your presence to live in
Forgiveness is given
Your power to use
Your wisdom to choose
We shall cry out
Cast away all doubt
Cast ourselves upon your grace
Abba Father, Abba Father
Let us see your face
Fill our hearts and fill this place

We need
Your strength to endure
Your love true and pure
Your interceding prayers
Your mercy and your care
We are crying out
Our prayer becomes a shout
We cast ourselves on you alone
Crying abba Father, Abba Father
Abba Father make your glory known
As we stand boldly before your throne

No comments: