Friday, January 6, 2012

My Prayer

(I still tear up when I read what I wrote over 6 months ago, for it still rings even truer today.)

I pray the Lord will give you grace
To understand what’s taking place
I pray that you will come to show
The joys a child was meant to know.

I pray that you will learn to trust
These feeble, frail, children of dust
I pray that faith will fill your mind
And true security you’ll find.

I pray that you will choose to live
Up to the privilege God gives.
I pray that we might bless your heart
And you’ll know the peace that Christ imparts.

I pray that if you need to grieve
Release and comfort you’ll receive
That God will grant you perfect rest
And we will live to see you blessed.

But most of all I pray we’ll be
A healthy, happy family
A place of refuge on this earth
A home of hearts that know Christ’s worth.

For favor and blessing, forgiveness and grace
Love and acceptance and care
Discipline and a sheltering place
An inheritance for you to share
This is my prayer, this is my prayer!

Anthony Foster
June 14, 2011

No comments: