Monday, November 4, 2019

Rescue and Return (Joel 2:25-32)




Prodigals are starving in their need
On rubble their souls dare to feed
Their hunger is never satisfied
For empty hearts will fill with pride

Desires that surely spell out doom,
The fires of passions that consume-
These are deeds that appoint their fate
But God will restore the days the locusts ate

God sends his armies to me and you
The wandering children  to rescue
He will do whatever it takes
To jar us from our sin for His name’s sake

The Lord our Father will war with us
And grind our stony hearts to dust
If we commit to  wander,  He’ll tear our lives asunder
Until we fall on our face and trust
And hearts of flesh he fills with wonder

You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied,
Of the Lord your God, And praise His name
He Who has dealt wondrously with you;
And My people shall never be put to shame.
I am the Lord in whom all things consist
And there is no other, and no other name
Then you shall know that I am in your midst
My people shall never be put to shame.

Bridge:
And so we must examine whether we  abide in faith
Is my heart a prodigal, going its own way?
Am I leaning on my understanding
Not doing what the Lord’s commanding
Lord, reveal  my motivations, this I pray…

The Lord our Father will war with us
And grind our stony hearts to dust
If we commit to  wander, He’ll tear our lives asunder
Until we fall on our face and trust
And hearts of flesh he fills with wonder

Joel 2:25-32
November 4, 2019
Anthony Foster


No comments: