Monday, March 20, 2023

Crucified With Christ


Oh  the utter realness of the judgment

Oh the horror as I apprehend

Oh the  reckoning as I stand before

The Holy God who will not look on sin

As I see and feel it for the first time

The undeniable reality

Of a sordid, sin sick guilty conscience

Meeting face to face with the Almighty


I was cast into the all engulfing darkness

There the searing light consumed my soul

Utterly lost and guilty and  depraved

Deserving for the wrath to take its toll

But oh the glory, rapture sweet

As my only hope comes from the mercy seat

I see the all engulfing darkness flee

Before the blessed cross of Calvary


For I have been crucified with Christ. 

It is no longer I who live, 

But Christ who lives in me. 

And the life I now live in the flesh 

I live by faith in the Son of God, 

who loved me and gave himself for me. 


My Redeemer is my Creator

My Substitute becomes my mediator

I had nothing to commend me

But my Savior will defend me

My desperate and only need

Is for Christ to intercede

Can my gratitude be any greater?


I have been crucified with Christ. 

It is no longer I who live, 

but Christ who lives in me. 

And the life I now live in the flesh 

I live by faith in the Son of God, 

Who loved me and gave himself for me. 

Jesus loved me and gave himself for me. 


Galatians 2:20

March 20, 2023

Anthony Foster


No comments: