Thursday, January 25, 2024

Vision (Hope in God)


I had a vision on a dark night

A nightmare filled with pain and blight

A revelation of my plight

A dream my soul to prod

There I was a lying dead

A corpse on which the ravens fed

Rotting in the life I’d led

No solace in the sod.


Here at the party far too late

I was the master of my fate

Then turned away from heaven’s gate

I found no hope in God

And in this vision of the dust

I saw my end and it was just

For in myself I’d placed my trust

No hope was left but God


For when it’s said and when it’s done

It’s o’er when the meat wagon comes

Then pride its victory has won

And holiness seems odd

So hope in God oh derelict

Us winners and us lust addicts

We bear the wounds that we inflict

With a wink and a nod…


For sin is black and hell is real

For good intentions and great zeal

No hope’s found in the way we feel

Our only hope is God

What’s done in darkness time will tell

So mark my words and mark them well

There’s no escape from death and hell

Without the hope of  God.

There is no hope but God.

My only hope is God.


Proverbs 23:18; Psalm 42:11

January 25, 2024

Anthony Foster

No comments: