Sunday, July 15, 2018

Morning Song


My soul, my soul waits for the Lord
More than watchmen wait for the dawn
Lord, open my eyes that I may behold
Your radiance till the darkness is gone

Morning by morning you awaken;
You awaken my ear to hear
Like a lamp shining forth in the darkness,
Until the dawning day draws near

The morning star rises in your hearts,
Though tears may tarry for the night,
When the morning star rises in your hearts,
Then joy comes with the morning light.

The steadfast love of the Lord never ends
His mercies shall never cease
His mercies are new every morning;
Great is His faithfulness.

And I will sing of your strength as I rise
For you have been to me a fortress
In the morning I’ll sing of your steadfast love
My refuge in my day of distress.

The morning star rises in your hearts,
Though tears may remain for the night,
When the morning star rises in your hearts,
Then joy comes with the morning light.

Meet us in the morning with your steadfast love
In your glorious light we’ll abide
That we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
And our souls will be satisfied

2 Peter 1:19 a
Lamentations 3:22-23
Psalm 30:5b
Isaiah 50:4
Psalm 130:6
Psalm 59:16
Psalm 90:14


Anthony Foster
July 14, 2018 6:00 AM

No comments: