Friday, July 20, 2018

The Great Exchange


His righteousness replaces my all my Sin
He exchanged His Glory for my guilt
His joy has displaced my mourning with rejoicing
What my turmoil has destroyed he has rebuilt

Goodness and mercy are becoming my new trait
His kindness overcomes my enmity
A heart of Love is beating now where there once was hate
And His Patience has replaced anxiety.

And by his wounds our wounds are healed
By his wounds our wounds are healed
He became my substitute, God’s perfect spotless lamb
His sacrifice has taken all our sins
The obedient sin-bearer bears the sin of ev’ry man
When he laid down his life true life begins

He was forsaken I was forgiven
Faithfulness is now exchanged for infidelity
Self-control resides now where my chaos reigned before
And God’s riches have repealed my poverty

And though Death was due me I was given life anew
Christ atoned for sins when His blood was spilt
A reconciliation realized by what he was born to do
And His sacrifice has overcome my guilt.

And by his wounds our wounds are healed
In this great exchange true mystery is revealed
He became my substitute, God’s perfect spotless lamb
His sacrifice atones for all our sins
The obedient sin-bearer bears the sin of ev’ry man
When he laid down his life true life begins.

Anthony Foster
July 20, 2018



No comments: