Saturday, October 27, 2018

I have Taken up my Cross


Jesus, I have taken up my cross
All to leave and follow you
Destitute, despised, a total loss
Take all that is in me and all that I do!
Perish every fond ambition,
All I've sought or hoped or known.
Yet how rich is my condition,
God and heaven are still my own.

Go, then, earthly fame and treasure,
Come disaster, scorn and pain
In your service, pain is pleasure,
With your favor, loss is gain
I have called you Abba Father,
On you I have stayed my heart
Storms may rage, and darkness gather;
All work for good on my part

Soul, then know your full salvation
Rise o'er sin and fear and care
Joy to find in every station,
Something still to do or bear.
Think what Spirit dwells within you,
Think what Father's smiles are yours,
Think that Jesus died to win you,
Child of heaven, claim your cure.

Hasten on from grace to glory,
Armed by faith, and winged by prayer.
Heaven's eternal days before me,
Gods own hand shall guide us there.
Soon shall close your earthly mission,
Soon shall pass your pilgrim days,
Hope shall change to glad fruition,
Faith to sight, and prayer to praise.

October 28, 2018
After Henry Lyte
New lyrics and music Anthony Foster




No comments: