Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Pursue Love




There is a love that fills my heart and mind
That brings me joy every morningtide
This love is patient and this love is kind
It envies not nor boasts in pride
It is not arrogant or demand its way
Not peevish nor anger convey
This love does not rejoice in what is wrong
But takes joy in truth ere long.

There is a love that every burden bears
A love that believes all that has truth’s ring
A love that offers hope to us in all our cares
That verily endures all things!
Though partial things will pass away
This perfect love persists each day
Though faith hope and love abide one stands above
For the greatest of these is love.

This is the love Christ bids me to pursue.
To seek to live it out each passing day
And by His power in me that is what I’ll do
Though I may falter on the way
I see in part I know in part
But one day I will show Christ’s heart
When I shall come to know as I am known
This love shall be my own.

I see in part, I know in part
But one day I will show Christ’s heart
When I shall come to know as I am known
This love shall be my own.

1 Corinthians 13, 14:1
Anthony Foster
October 2, 2018

No comments: