Saturday, April 3, 2010

Easter services

What a difference a day makes. Last night we went to a VERY edifying and meaningful service at the BIG church in Louisville. We just returned from a Saturday evening contemporary Easter service at the BIG church in town. Heard a very unsatisfying message on appropriating the resurrection power of Christ. The whole sermon focused on getting your needs met. Word to the wise: do NOT commodify the power of the Most High God. He is not a cosmic power outlet to plug into when and if you need Him.

2 comments:

Larry Gott said...

Hmmm. I thought I knew what the two BIG churches were, and when I googled "Large Louisville Churches", Southeast Christian came up first, and Highview Baptist second. So, I got 100%.

Uh, would those be the two, and in which order? which was edifying, and which was unsatisfying?

Anthony said...

Both services at SEC- the first, one of the most edifying Good Friday services ever. The second left me wanting.I am sure it spoke to others, but I didn't like the focus, as you can discern.