Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Thorn in the Flesh

 

I’ve a thorn in the flesh
Troubles come, ever fresh
For my strength never passes the test
This troublesome thorn
From the day I was born
Keeps me down on my face where I’m blessed

The thorn in this case
Is an entry to grace
A gift that presents now as pain
For here in my need
My Lord intercedes
And His presence and power attains

What this life requires I could never afford
For my resources fail constantly 
My limitations do not limit my Lord
Nor the mystery He works in me

The foolishness I nurse
Is disguising a curse
Leaves me undone and my sin confessing
But He forgives my sins
And my heart He will cleanse
For the thorns become  platforms for blessing

So the thorn is a grace
That drives me to embrace
The one who is my righteousness
For in suffering’s revealed 
The wounds that will heal
In my weakness I’ll boast that I’m blessed

What this life requires i could never afford
For my resources fail constantly 
My limitations do not limit my Lord
Nor the mysteries He works in me
By these mercies my heart is refreshed
These Blessed thorns in the flesh...
These Blessed thorns in the flesh...

2 Cor  11:30, 12:9
Anthony Foster
August 1, 2022


No comments: