Friday, November 5, 2021

Dying Prayer



Lord this might be my dying day
Lord see me through by grace I pray
Whether I go, or if I stay
Your purposes, fulfill
Lord I trust in your Will.

Lord this may be my dying night
I won’t fear death or live in fright
For then as now I’ll walk in light
Though winds may blow most ill
Still I trust in your Will

Lord if  I come to lose my health
Lord if I waste my time and wealth
Lord, teach me how to die to self
Rebuke me Lord until
I come to trust your will

In true pleasure or in pain
To live is Christ, to die is gain
Yet life will never be in vain
Days with your presence fill
As I come to know Your will.

Lord when it comes my time to die
Let no regret nor sin nor lie
Abide within me, bye and bye
As courage you instill
Lord help me trust your Will

Lord when I leave this earthly vail
Give me grace that faith  won’t fail
Though doubts, temptations may assail
Lord you will keep me still
As I trust in Your will.

November 5, 2021
Anthony Foster

No comments: