Sunday, February 19, 2023

Visitation


I looked into the book of God and found Him there

Encountering the mystery He loves to share

A simple visitation but he stays and he abides

He came to make a dwellingplace inside…


He comes as he has promised now to sup with me

A guest who never needs to ask what’s up with me

A peaceful easy essence here within a burning flame

For with His presence there’s that raging fire that came


Father come with your Son to dine with me

Spirit enter into the deepest part of me

In my heart there dwells a blessed Trinity

Now in my wilderness there grows a living Tree


A tree that bears much fruit to feed my soul

Where bread of life satisfies and living waters flow

And it the midst there is a table and a feast

Where all who come can freely take and eat


Where He once fed the thousands he now feeds us all

With his blood and his body  He reverses the fall

And so the wild wild wilderness is granted peace

Now the fruit of righteousness will ever increase


Father come with your Son to dine with me

Spirit enter into the deepest part of me

In my heart dwells mysteries I finally understand

For my wilderness becomes a promised land.


John 14:21,23

February 19, 2023

Anthony Foster


No comments: