Sunday, June 9, 2024

Crooked Man


There was a crooked man and he had a crooked soul

He bought a crooked cottage in a crooked hellhole

It has some crooked stairs that lead up to a crooked room

And when he dies they’ll put him in a crooked little tomb


This world twists men into its norm

They contort their souls and so conform

With caustic hearts and crippled minds

And so, best bleed the lie that blinds

The crooked man, woe to the crooked man


There is a crooked man with a crooked attitude

He does some crooked things when he’s in a crooked mood

He walks a crooked path on a wide and crooked route

And though they try no one has ever straightened him out


Bridge

Woe be to me the crooked man

I must admit I am what I am

Jesus, come and claim and make me straight

Deliver me from my forever crooked fate

Oh God save the crooked man 

God bless this crooked man


There was a crooked man and he sinned some crooked sins

He plans his crooked plans and he caves to crooked men

But a crooked man can come to consider and to cast

His contorted soul and careless heart and conflicted past

On grace that saved a crooked man

Oh God save the crooked man

Oh God bless the crooked man


June 8, 2024

Anthony Foster





No comments: