Sunday, November 28, 2010

Render Me Righteous

Strip away all but your grace
Bring your truth to light in my face
Distill my heart till my conscience is cured
Render me righteous and make me pure
Being me to the holy state
Rectify my wrongness as on you I wait

I relinquish and yield
And then I am healed
Submit and surrender,
As I come now to render
That which belongs to you
Make me faithful and true
For my all in all to you is due

I present myself a living sacrifice
You find me acceptable, it will suffice
All to you I owe. Everything I know
Render me righteous, your image to show.

Unfetter and loose me
Convert and reduce me
Until I am holy and pure
Render me righteous that I may endure.
The altar-fire take me through
Make me faithful and true
For my all in all to you is due

Anthony Foster
November 28, 2010

No comments: