Monday, September 30, 2024

This Rage of a Race (Lament for the Darkness)


Too many songs left unsung

Too many threats stilled my tongue

Where is that fire from when I was young?

Why do I keep clinging to this worldly dung?


Jesus my Savior who died in my place

You who still keeps on pleading my case

Now help me to kill my sin  by your grace

And to run this wretched rage of a race.


The darkness shall flee if we’re shining the light

If we’re spreading the flame that is bringing men sight

I want to burn brightly in my time and place

As I’m running this wretched rage of a race.


If I am the darkness Lord give me new sight

If I am taken captive, free me  for the fight

Give me power o’er  opposition I face

As I’m running this wretched rage of a race.


September 30, 2024

Anthony Foster




 

No comments: