Saturday, September 7, 2024

My Worst



Lord, I bring you my worst

This is the best I can do

Lay down what is accursed

And cast all my need upon You

And you will not snuff out the wick

That smoulders in the night

Even my sin, even my conflict

Are then precious in your sight


Bridge

I am damaged wares

But my heart you will restore

When I lay it down-You will lift me up

All my burdens and my cares

And so much more, so much more


Lord I bring you my worst

Lay it all down at your feet

I will come to you first

Not wait until defeat is complete

The bent reed you will not break

Nor the devastated- forsake

An impossible way you will make

For our good and for your name’s sake

For our good and for your name’s sake


Isaiah 42:3; Psalm 55:22

September 7, 2024

Anthony Foster


No comments: