Monday, September 30, 2024

Repentance (Where is the Grief?)


I don’t grapple for long Devastation is no danger

I too easily give up and Lament  is a stranger

How deep and how dark the darkness attains

How black and how evil the raging that reigns


My heart is a productive factory of sin

And the longer I linger I can’t seem to win

Where is the heartbreak, where is the grief

Where is the mourning for my unbelief


Repentance is an everyday thing

If we want to be free and we want to sing

A penitent spirit and a contrite heart

Will never be cast out but will be set apart.

When the  power to change the Spirit imparts.


Heartsickness becomes a calling of sorts

When I see where I am falling so short

But anguish need never lead to despair

But I have to get serious to care and to dare


Anxiety and anger would become my friend

But I’m convinced and convicted that is not my end

Oh the trauma of temptation The frustration of sin

I claim the joy of my salvation Lest misery win.


Repentance is an everyday thing

If we want to be free and we want to sing

A humble spirit and a contrite heart

Will never be case out but will be set apart,

When the  power to change the Spirit imparts.


September 30, 2024

Anthony Foster

No comments: