Saturday, October 16, 2010

Stone of Heaven

Sweep out all the leaven
That defiles this holy place
Break me on the stone of heaven
Make me a temple of grace.

Redeem all the rocks I have thrown
Rebuild my life stone upon stone
One on another an altar is raised
These stones of remembrance
Will declare your praise.

Raise up the Ebenezer now
A mighty memorial erect
In its shadows memories and vows
Both come to mind as they intersect
I need your wisdom to form my walls
I need your tower strong and tall
To form the ramparts of my defense
You will build unshakeable confidence

So fall on me oh Stone of Heaven
Righteous Rock crush my deceit
Forgive me seventy times seven
Make me a footstool for your feet

Sweep out all the leaven
That defiles this holy place
Break me on the Stone of Heaven
Make me a temple of Grace.

Anthony Foster
October 13, 2010

No comments: