Sunday, July 29, 2018

Good Shepherd


Lord be my Shepherd and my Guide;
And through this barren desert land
Still draw and keep me near your side:
Guard me by your protecting hand!

O let my feet never run astray,
But should I wander from the fold
If I rove, or seek the crooked way
Carry me over the gate’s threshold.

My Great Good Shepherd, he shall keep
My wandering soul among his sheep;
He calls their names, He feeds his flock
And sets their feet upon the Rock.

The lion with his dreadful roar
Strikes fear within the feeble sheep:
Reveal the glory of your power,
And cast and chain him in the deep.

Our Shepherd hears our sore distress;
Our sins attempt again to reign;
Stretches His rod of conquering grace,
And all the wolves of Sin are slain.

Chorus:
I love my Shepherd, he shall keep
My wandering soul among his sheep;
He calls their names, He feeds his flock
And sets their feet upon the Rock.

After Isaac Watts
Isaiah 40
John 10:11-18
Anthony Foster
July 26, 2018

No comments: