Sunday, July 15, 2018

Jesus Is



Jesus is our wine and bread
Lord, our souls would thus be fed
Your broken body and blood divine
Is bread of life, is heav'nly wine.

From the tree of life the world receives
Salvation from his healing leaves;
That righteous branch, it’s wondrous fruit
Both spring and grow from David's root.

The precious Rose of Sharon yields
Such fragrancy in all her fields:
As the lily of the valley blooms
All men shall bless the rich perfume.

Jesus is the living vine
Supplier of the cup of wine
He drank the dregs of heaven’s wrath
Opened the gates to heaven’s path.

Jesus is the cornerstone
The only sure foundation known
The solid rock on which we stand
All other ground is shifting sand.

The fountain that forever brims
To heal the plague of death and sin
These waters will renew my soul
And cleanse my heart and make me whole

Christ is the true refiner’s fire
That purifies all our desire
He'll purge my dross he’ll purge
nd remove every sinful urge

He is the door, the only way
To enter in and thus to stay
The gate of heaven opened wide
For all who want to come inside


He is the temple God has raised
Indwelling majesty we praise
And still to this most holy place,
Whene'er I pray, I turn my face.
He is the star that breaks the night
Piercing the shadows with His light;
I know his glories from afar,
I know the bright, the morning star.

He is the sun of righteousness
His course is joy, His beams are grace,
Nations rejoice when he appears
His wondrous wings shall heal their tears.



Anthony Foster
After Isaac Watts
July 15, 2018

No comments: