Sunday, June 17, 2018

The Power of Grace



Lord, I believe thy heav'nly word,
Lord I would have my soul renewed;
I mourn for sin, and trust the Lord
To have it pardoned and subdued.
Not the best deeds that we have done
Can make a wounded conscience whole;
Faith is the grace, and faith alone,
That flies to Christ, and saves the soul.

This is the marvelous power of grace
Undeserved merit, a gift that is free
Cast myself headlong and fall on my face
And marvelous grace was extended to me

O may your grace its power display,
Let guilt and death no longer reign;
Save me in your appointed way,
Nor let my humble faith be vain.
The power of grace nothing else can release
It is by grace and through faith alone
Nothing else can bring faith and true peace
God gives grace  for His reasons unknown

Bridge: Helplessly hopelessly dead in my sin
Grace irresistable took me in -and so faith begins!

This is the marvelous power of grace
Freely extended to depraved souls
We who were enemies feel its embrace
We are transformed as grace overflows

After Isaac Watts
Anthony Foster
June 4, 2018




No comments: