Friday, September 4, 2026

On My Knees



Your truth has put me on my knees

That’s where I learn the best

Conviction rarely comes with ease

When my soul is not impressed


So burn your truth into my heart

Lord, burn it by Word and prayer

For then, the change begins to start

When you brand your Word there


I’m on knees Lord Jesus, on my knees 

That’s where the blind eye truly sees

On my knees, Lord Jesus on my knees

My heart submits to your decrees 

I find healing for my disease

On my knees, on my knees


In my beliefs, emotions and my mind

Can become fearful and confused

You promised if I seek, then I shall find

You will never break the reed that is bruised


Lord You always will fulfill your plan

And I pray your will and mine align

In my prayer, I come to understand

What I want the most is your will and not mine


I’m on knees Lord Jesus, on my knees 

That’s where the blind eye truly sees

On my knees, Lord Jesus on my knees

My heart submits to your decrees 

I find healing for my disease

On my knees, on my knees


After a quote from John Bunyan

September 4, 2026

Anthony Foster

No comments: