I believe in God the Father,
Maker of the earth and the sky,
Almighty Lord and Creator,
Ruling every star on high.
In Jesus Christ I do believe
God's only Son, our living Lord,
By the Holy Spirit, conceived
Born of the virgin, this Final Word
He suffered under Pilate's power,
Nailed to a cross, entombed in night,
Descending deep in death’s dark hour
On the third day, rising to the light!
He ascended to heaven's jubilation
At the Father's right He took His seat
He will come to judge the nations,
The Living and dead, their judge they'll meet
I believe in the Holy Spirit,
The Church, the Saints’ communion
The forgiveness of all our sins,
Bound in an everlasting union.
This is our faith, this is our song,
Forever true, forever true!
To the triune God we belong!
With bodies raised to life anew,
From age to age, the Truth will stand,
The life eternal, bright and free,
Held in His almighty hand.
Amen, amen, Lord, let it be!
After the Apostles’ Creed
September 13, 2026
Anthony Foster
No comments:
Post a Comment