Wednesday, September 16, 2026

The Longing of My Soul



One thing I ask of the Lord

That I may dwell with him all my days

This is what I seek after

on the beauty of the Lord to gaze


You turned mourning to dancing

You clothed me with glory and gladness

You have loosened my sackcloth

And brought to me joy from my sadness


The longing now of my soul

Is that my glory may sing your praise

I will give thanks forever

I will hope in your word all my days


Oh, to feast in your presence

For it’s there I find fullness of joy

And pleasures forevermore

Given at your right hand to enjoy


I’ll look back and be grateful

And in your presence I will delight

Awaiting my  future hope

For that day when my faith becomes sight


The longing now of my soul

Is that my glory may sing your praise

I will give thanks forever

I will hope in your word all my days

Yes, I’ll hope in your word all my days

Lord, I’ll hope in your word all my days


Psalm 27:4; Psalm 30:11-12

Psalm 130:5; Psalm 42:5-6

Psalm 16:11; Psalm 3:4

September 16, 2026

Anthony Foster


No comments: