Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Wonder and Worship



Stars collapse in silence light-years away

While I breathe the quiet at the end of the day

A cosmos spinning on a canvas so wide

But there is something greater where we can abide

For I have been given the eyes to see

The weight of the cross and the weight of glory


Chorus

What a privilege to stand here in holy awe

I looked at mystery and wondered at what I saw

I fall to my knees when the words have fallen shy

To be graced with a place in the infinite Why

It is a gift to be undone by the ponderous view

The wonder of worship is the wonder of You


Holy, Holy, Lord of matchless worth

Your glorious weight fills up the longing earth

I am undone by the wonder of Your grace

A wandering heart now home in Your embrace

My strength may fail, along with all my endeavors

But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever


(Bridge)

Humbled under the canopy of grace

A fragile heart in a boundless space

The honor isn't in knowing the plan

The honor is being a humbled man

To look up in worship, to bow down

To lose my breath, to cast my crown


What a privilege to stand here in holy awe

I looked at mystery and wondered at what I saw

I fall to my knees when the words have fallen shy

To be graced with a place in the infinite Why

It is a gift to be undone by the ponderous view

The wonder of worship is the wonder of You


September 1, 2026

Anthony Foster

No comments: