Saturday, August 25, 2018

Wayfaring Stranger



Jesus was a wayfaring stranger
Traveling through this world below
He bore our sin, our toil, and danger
A Man of Sorrows and of woe.

Lord Jesus came down from the Father
To seek and save us where we roam
He's gonna take me over Jordan
There with my loved ones and my home

I know dark clouds will gather 'round me
I know my way is hard and steep
But Heaven's gates arise before me
Where God's redeemed, their vigils keep

I'm going there to see my Jesus
He said He'll know me when I come
So, I'm just going over Jordan
I'm going there no more to roam
I'm just going over Jordan
I'm just going over home

No longer lost and travelin' lonely
No longer stranger in a strange land
I'm going home to dwell in glory
Led by my Savior's nail-scarred hand

For Jesus sought me when a stranger
He said He'll know me when He comes
So, I'm just going over Jordan
I'm going there no more to roam
I'm just going over Jordan
Now I'm just going over home


Traditional with new lyrics by Anthony Foster
August 25, 2018





No comments: