To stand beneath the timbers, where the earth and heaven met
Beneath the weight of sorrow, where Christ Jesus paid my debt
I looked upon the suffering, the crimson blood and sweat
I learn that pride could never build a stairway so high
There all my striving breaks beneath that dark Judean sky.
At the foot of the cross, I am undone
I cast my body mind and soul at the feet of the Son
The battle there is finished, the victory is won
I behold a mercy that swallowed my blame
A love that would suffer death to carry my shame
That this was God’s purpose, this was His aim
To put His Righteousness upon display
The cost of final atonement to pay
And set the stage for resurrection day
Bridge- there upon that tree deep is calling unto deep
When my pride is shattered, over my sin I weep
Calvary’s cross bears the promises He'll keep.
Here we learn the cost of justice, here we see the heart of grace
Every shadow disappears before this Holy Place
I thought I could hide them from God’s Holy light
But looking at the Savior, I can see with redeemed sight
Our weakness is the canvas where He displays His might
I learned that when I fail, and when my heart and flesh give way
His grace is the anchor that will cause my soul to stay.
There we trade our ashes for a crown of life anew
To live our days forever with His sacrifice in view.
Whom the Son sets free is free indeed it is true
My story is surrendered to the Author and the King
At the foot of the cross, gratitude is the song I'll sing.
At the foot of the cross, I am undone
I cast my body mind and soul at the feet of the Son
The battle there is finished, the victory is won
I behold a mercy that swallowed my blame
A love that would suffer death to carry my shame
That this was God’s purpose, this was His aim
To put His Righteousness upon display
The cost of final atonement to pay
And set the stage for resurrection day
July 28, 2026
Anthony Foster
No comments:
Post a Comment