Tuesday, July 28, 2026

Keep the Cross in Sight



The more I keep the cross

In my mind’s eye

The more fullness I seem to discern

The more I dwell on 

The cross in my thoughts

I am satisfied that there’s so much more to learn 


Hope and peace-Joy and gladness

Comfort and consolation

Wisdom and power at the foot of the cross

Such a great salvation


Chorus

If I keep the cross in sight

I will discern life aright

I will fight the blessed fight

If I keep the cross in sight

I will walk within its light

If I keep the cross in sight


Would I know the length and breadth

Of the Father’s love

Toward a world lost in sin?

Would I know how this love has conquered death

How he came from above

To condescend to dwell within?


Bridge

May I never boast except in the cross of Christ

The world is crucified to me through His sacrifice


If I keep the cross in sight

I will discern life aright

I will fight the blessed fight

If I keep the cross in sight

I will walk within its light

If I keep the cross in sight


Galatians 6:14; Philippians 2:8

Hebrews 12:2; 1 Peter 2:24

1 Corinthians 1:18

July 28, 2026

Anthony Foster


No comments: