My body feels so weak today,
My heart is so downcast
The strength I had has gone away,
My spirit sinking fast
I am so weary and so low,
The road is hard to see.
My spirit falls quite dead and slow,
Oh, who will rescue me?
But God is the strength of my heart!
He is my portion for ever!
I will not yield to the dark,
His love will not be severed
I preach this truth to my soul,
And fall in Christ’s sweet embrace
He makes my heavy spirit whole,
I stand boldly on His grace!
The saints of old felt weak as well,
Their souls were faint and dry.
They needed in God’s peace to dwell
In green pastures to lie…
The Lord restores the thirsty soul,
To still waters He leads
His perfect word makes spirits whole,
And meets our deepest needs
Bridge -Flesh and heart fail,
But God is our stronghold,
We shall rise and fight despair
With faith and self control!
God is the strength of my heart!
He is my portion forever!
I will not yield to the dark,
His love will not be severed
I preach this truth to my soul,
And fall in Christ’s sweet embrace
He makes my heavy spirit whole,
I stand boldly on His grace!
Psalm 73:26
July 21, 2026
Anthony Foster
No comments:
Post a Comment