Sunday, July 19, 2026

The Battle Rages Higher


The shadows fall, the night is cold,

An unseen war starts to unfold.

Not flesh and blood, but powers rise,

To blind the heart and cloud the eyes.

I feel the winds, I hear the drum,

The silent battle has begun.

The echoes fall, the heart may doubt, 

A heavy weight has found me out


But I don't fight with human hands,

Or take my stand on shifting sands.

My shield is faith, the Spirit, my sword,

The light that guides me ever forward

Though arrows fly and darkness fall,

I hear the King’s clarion call

The victory's won, the demons yield

When love reigns on the battlefield.


Bridge: For when the battle rages higher

There is One much higher still

The battle belongs to the Lord

And surely succumbs to His will


The armor holds fast, tight and strong,

Our army raises the victory song.

With truth for a belt and peace to tread,

I lift my weary, guarded head.

The flaming darts of fear and pride

Are quenched when they are defied

Against all fears and lies and hate

Prevails the righteous breastplate


It’s not by might, it’s not by power,

But in the quiet, holy hour.

The walls of doubt begin to shake,

The dawn begins to finally break.

No weapon formed will ever stand,

Held tightly in God’s strong right hand.

Stand firm, hold fast, the morning's near,

Perfect love has cast out fear.


Galatians 6: Isaiah 41:10

Zechariah 4:6; 1 Samuel 17:47 

July 18, 2026

Anthony Foster


No comments: