Wednesday, July 22, 2026

The Goodness of God


In the morning light I seek Your face

Quiet mercies wrap around me.

When the path is clear or hard to trace

You are walking right beside me

Oh, Your goodness never lets me go,

It is deeper than I'll ever know.

From the highest mount to deepest sea,

Your great love is calling out to me.


In the howling wind and shadows deep

You are with me to calm my fear

By your grace You swore my soul keep,

You hold as precious every tear

Oh, Your goodness is the rock beneath my soul

All my days You are faithful, You are true 

When the storms of life begin to rage and roll

Every morning breaks with mercies anew


Before the sun had broke the morning sky

You paved a path of grace before my feet

Before my lips could form a single cry

You placed my heart upon your mercy seat

There Your goodness and living waters flow

You map the valleys where my steps must go

I have no claim to goodness of my own

Yet I am shielded by a love unknown


Oh, Your goodness is the rock beneath my soul

 All my days You are faithful, You are true

When the storms of life begin to rage and roll

Every morning breaks with mercies anew

From the valley to the highest mountain peak

Your grace is strong when I am frail and weak

I will sing of your goodness and righteousness 

In the goodness of the Lord, my soul will rest


July 22, 2026

Anthony Foster


No comments: