Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Battleground: Me



In the quiet of the morning

Before the day begins

The whispers start their climbing

Where the doubt and fear creep in

An idle mind a canvas

For the shadows to portray

But I know the voice of the Shepherd

And I know I must obey


Chorus 

I take every thought captive

To the obedience of Christ

I’m tearing down the strongholds

Trading panic for His light

When the lies come loud and heavy

And the battle rages deep

I am standing on His promise

The victory is mine to keep


It’s a war inside the silence

A fight for what is true

I cast down every speculation

Let the Spirit make me new

When the enemy reminds me

Of the places I have been

I remember who I am in Him

And I see the Savior win


Bridge

Renew my mind, Lord, transform my heart

Set your truth in the hidden parts

No weapon formed will make me fall

I hold Your shield against it all

Yeah, I hold Your shield against it all!


Repeat chorus


Peace that surpasses all my understanding

Guard my heart, my mind commanding

In Your name, my thoughts will bow

In Your name, I take them captive now


July 22, 2026

Anthony Foster

No comments: