Tuesday, July 21, 2026

My Portion Forever


My body feels weak, my spirit is low,

The shadows of doubt try to lay me so low.

My heart is near dead and I want to give in,

Worn down by the weight and the trouble within. 


Chorus 

God is the strength of my heart

God is the strength of my heart

God is the strength of my heart

And my portion forever

God is the strength of my heart

God is the strength of my heart

God is the strength of my heart

And my portion forever


Asaph cried out when his spirit gave way,

And David was thirsty at end of the day.

The soul needs a tower, that will always endure

The promise of God stands forever secure. 


Bridge

My flesh and my heart fail, 

But God is my stronghold

My portion shall avail

In my weakness I am bold

To the Evil One I will not yield 

I fight with the Spirit's sword and Shield 

I trust in Him and true power is revealed


God is the strength of my heart

God is the strength of my heart

God is the strength of my heart

And my portion forever

God is the strength of my heart

God is the strength of my heart

God is the strength of my heart

And my portion forever


Psalm 73:26

July 21, 2026

Anthony Foster



No comments: