Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Take It Captive (My Mind is Stayed on You)


 

The room is quiet but the noise is loud

A midnight theater with a phantom crowd

The lies are whispering, they tell me who I am

They paint a picture where I’m failing again

They say the shadow is too deep to climb

But there’s a promise running through my mind

 

Chorus

I take it captive, every single thought

I point to the victory that Jesus bought

When the waves of doubt begin to rise

I break the spell of the enemy’s lies

My mind is a battlefield, the war is real

But I will trust what You say over what I feel

Yeah, the fortress is falling, the armor is on

The battle belongs to the Lord- this is my song

 

Anxious thoughts are running like a flood

Telling me Christ’s strength is not enough

But I’ve got weapons that they cannot see

A shield of faith and a King that intercedes

Now clarity prevails o’er doubt-I find

Your Spirit grants to me a sure, sound mind

 

Bridge

You are the peace in the panic

You are the truth in the dark

You hold the reins of my future

You hold the keys to my heart

So get behind me, confusion

Get out of here, every fear

The Spirit of power is moving

The Victorious One is right here

 

Repeat chorus

 

The battle belongs to the Lord

Perfect peace in the middle of the night

You're winning the fight

My mind is stayed on You

Yeah, my mind is stayed on You

July 22, 2026
Anthony Foster

No comments: