Monday, July 20, 2026

Gratitude is My Song



Sometimes life gets out of tune

And the storm clouds start to roll

But I can always find a tune

To bring the quiet to my soul

For then my faith will pull me through

By the graces God has shown

It's an anthem ringing true

For all the blessings I have known 


Now gratitude is my song

It's the rhythm in my mind

If the song is right I can’t go wrong

When come the heavy times 

Every breath is a melody

To sing my whole life long

For Heaven sings in harmony

When gratitude is my song 


(Bridge)

I want to see the world with eyes of gratitude

With thanksgiving that informs my attitude

Then my heart will break forth in a joyful song

And maybe someone else will sing along


It's not about the things I own

Or the places I will go

It's knowing I am not alone

And letting all the worries go

Yeah, the chorus builds up high

And it chases all the fear

A grateful heart will touch the sky

That’s when God draws near 


Now gratitude is my song

It's the rhythm in my mind

If the song is right I can’t go wrong

When come the heavy times 

Every breath is a melody

To sing my whole life long

For Heaven sings in harmony

When gratitude is my song 


July 20, 2026

Anthony Foster


No comments: