Saturday, August 22, 2026

Anchor My Soul


God anchors my soul in the Rock of salvation

The Rock, where my faith is affirmed

The Rock, which is one true and sure foundation

That Rock will ever hold firm


Its unshakable strength is my refuge

The spiritual Rock of my Christ

This Rock will hold firm through the deluge

His unmovable truth will suffice


Anchor my soul, anchor my soul

Held firm in the Rock of salvation

Anchor my soul anchor my soul

This Rock is my one sure foundation


Anchored in the bedrock of belief

We are built on it as Living Stones

There our wandering souls find relief

Until we know as we are known


Though this world’s tempest seems out of control

Christ my Rock is where my anchor is cast

My hope in Christ ever anchors my soul

It forever holds firm and steadfast


Anchor my soul, anchor my soul

Held firm in the Rock of salvation

Anchor my soul anchor my soul

This Rock is my one sure foundation


Now, not drifting away I am able

To have inner calm, and endure

The Rock keeps me steadfast and stable

In life's storms, I am safe and secure


No,  I shall not drift into fear or despair 

I am held fast and won’t be released

He centers my mind, life’s turmoil to bear

Here I can face life’s storms with his peace


Anchor my soul, anchor my soul

Held firm in the Rock of salvation

Anchor my soul anchor my soul

This Rock is my one sure foundation


Psalm 62:7; Hebrews 6:19

August 22, 2026

Anthony Foster

No comments: