Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Walk On


 

Set the course, let the lines all unveil,

They say if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Yet I find myself often going without knowing where to go,

When great adventures seem too great, daunting doubts begin to grow.

 

I pray thee, Lord, look down as I am upon my knees,

I need to walk on water through these shifting, heavy seas.

I’ll walk on…I offer up my own agenda tonight,

As the next chapter of my life you prepare to write.

When the fog rolls in and the path ahead is gray,

I long to hear a voice behind me clearly say:

"This is the way, walk in it, do not be afraid."

I’ll walk on the firm foundation that your promises have made.

 

Too easily satisfied with the comfort of the shore,

Yet prone to a wandering heart that looks for something more.

I try to grip my destiny, to hold it tightly in my hands,

But I must let it go completely, and follow your plans.

 

Bridge

So I will let go of my hopes and dreams

I will step off the shore and learn what faith means

No longer vexed, no longer bound by what I cannot see,

A voice behind me whispers of the grace that carries me.

This is the way, walk in it, step into the day—

To simply trust and obey… Trust and obey.

 

I pray thee, Lord, look down as I am upon my knees,

I need to walk on water through these shifting, heavy seas.

I’ll walk on… I offer up my own agenda tonight,

As the next chapter of my life you prepare to write.

When the fog rolls in and the path ahead is gray,

I long to hear a voice behind me clearly say:

"This is the way, walk in it, do not be afraid."

I’ll walk on the firm foundation that your promises have made

 

Isaiah 30:21

August 18, 2026

Anthony Foster

 

 

 

No comments: