Saturday, August 1, 2026

Free Indeed



I carried a weight that was never mine to bear

Trying to climb a ladder that led to nowhere

Anxious and bound by the rules I couldn't keep

Crying out for mercy in the shadows deep

But a hand reached down to this prisoner’s plight

Shining with the fire of a holy light

He broke the lock, He pulled back the stone

And claimed my heavy spirit as His very own.


Now whom the Son sets free is free indeed!

My Savior came to me to intercede

The prison doors are open, the old life is dead

The oil of His gladness is poured upon my head

By His blood I am ransomed, by His grace I am healed

Set free to a liberty His Spirit revealed!


The accuser still whispers the debts of my past

Trying to tell me that the freedom won't last

But I point to the cross where the receipt was signed

Leaving every shadow of my guilt behind

No longer a slave to the fear or the blame

Of that old man that carried my shame

I look at the scars on the hands of the King

And open my heart just to stand and sing.


(Chorus)


(Bridge)

It is not by my power, it is not by my might

But the Spirit of the Lord that has brought me to light

Where the Spirit is moving, the captives arise

Wiping away the tears from our heavy eyes

I reckon the reality that Sin has died

The gates of the kingdom are open wide!


(Chorus)


John 8:36; Zachariah 4:6

2 Corinthians 3:17; Galatians 5:1

July 21, 2026

Anthony Foster


No comments: