Tuesday, August 18, 2026

What’s Next?



I am standing at the shoreline, waiting for a word,

Listening so closely for a whisper yet unheard.

A quiet restlessness is stirring up my soul,

Deep inside I’m wondering: what’s the next goal?


What’s next? Set the course, let the journey all unveil,

They say if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Yet I find myself often going without knowing where to go,

When great adventures seem too great, and daunting doubts begin to grow.

It’s more than I know but let’s go!


I feel vexed by the silence, caught in anticipation,

Looking to the heavens, seeking illumination.

Am I standing still, or preparing for another quest?

My spirit is eager, though my mind is seeking rest.


As the winds pick up and it’s time to set sail,

Questions abound, yet one persists 

When my courage starts to fail:

I wrestle with the question

I don’t know what the future holds,

But I know who holds the future.

And I long to see it as it unfolds


What’s next? Set the course, let the journey all unveil,

They say if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Yet I find myself often going without knowing where to go,

When great adventures seem too great, and daunting doubts begin to grow.

It’s more than I know but let’s go!

Let’s go, let’s go!


August 18, 2026

Anthony Foster



No comments: